Full time, Mon - Fri
How to apply
Chilliwack, Trades & Technology Centre
- Apprenticeship option available
- Program eligible for financial aid
- Small class sizes: instructor/student ratio is 20:1
UFV’s Carpentry program will prepare you for entry into the carpentry trade and the provincial apprenticeship program. Sample topics include:
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Using specialty equipment
- Site and building layout
- Building concrete forms
- Framing a building
- Finishing internal and external details
Once you successfully complete the program, you have the option of advanced placement in the Carpentry apprenticeship program.
Carpentry is a growing business with endless job opportunities for those with a strong work ethic and a knack for getting the job done. Graduates from UFV’s Carpentry program will be prepared for employment in the following industries:
- Building Equipment
- Supply Sales
- Shipping and Delivery
- Building Maintenance
- Modular Housing construction
- High school graduation or equivalent (or a letter from your school stating you will graduate)
- Successful completion of math and reading entrance exam
if you’re currently or recently employed as a carpenter, our upgrading program allows you to complete your certificate requirements or to become proficient in a specific process or technique.
As an upgrading student, you are expected to meet program prerequisites through previous enrolment or proof of industry experience, approved by the program instructor.
Upgrading students cannot be enrolled for more than 13 weeks or cannot displace anyone registered in an upcoming intake.
Toll free: 1-888-504-7441, local 5448
Or ask online