UFV Aboriginal Access Information:
Aboriginal Access Services
The Aboriginal Access Services provides support for Aboriginal students who identify themselves as Metis, Inuit, status First Nations, and non-status First Nations. Aboriginal students may enquire about the services at S'olh Shxwlèlí, the Aboriginal Resource Centre.
CEP Chilliwack campus - 45190 Caen Avenue in the "400 Wing"
Abbotsford campus in Room A219a and in the student lounge in Room A221.
For information please feel free to contact:
Dept. Assistant – Elaine Malloway
(TF) 1-888-504-7441 x2835
Chilliwack /CEP - Bldg. A1442
8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Dept. Assistant – Betty Peters
(TF) 1-888-504-7441 x4069
Abbotsford – Bldg. A219a
8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
S'olh Shxwlèlí Services include:
- making referrals within UFV and to community agencies and other institutions.
- acting as liaison with Sto:lo organizations, post-secondary education authorities, Métis organizations, and First Nations organizations.
- consulting on first nations curriculum development initiatives.
- co-ordinating workshops on various topics including cultural awareness, empowerment, goal setting, financial management, personal growth, and family and community relations.
- advocating for students with UFV departments.