Assistant Professor, School of Business
David is an applied researcher with a strong background in advanced analytics and marketing research. He brings over 20 years of industry and academia experience. He has held various research positions in both the public and private sector and has taught at various post-secondary institutions, including SFU.
David is a SAS certified predictive modeler. His research interests focus on empirical analysis of social media marketing and green marketing on corporate profitability. He is a member of the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association and American Statistical Association. David regularly collaborates on applied research projects with local businesses/organizations and supervises business student research projects. His students have won multiple research excellence awards at UFV.
BUS 226- Economic & Business Statistics
BUS 320- Business Research Methods
BUS 324- Customer Relationship Management
BUS 424- Customer Intelligence
- Dobson, D.S. (2014, January/February). Questionnaire Design: Levels of Measurement and Statistical Method Choices. Vue (MRIA), 18-19.
- Dobson, D.S. (2011). Understanding the Drivers of Academic Success in University Students. Paper presented at SAS Global Forum 2011 Conferencein Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Dobson, D.S. (2010). The Feasibility for a Master's Program in Business Analytics. Paper presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Dobson, D.S. (2010). Segmenting Textual Data for Automobile Insurance Claims. Paper presented at SAS Global Forum 2010 Conference in Seattle, Washington, USA. (Awarded Best Contributed Paper for Data Mining and Predictive Modeling section.)
- Dobson, D.S. (2008). Customer Segmentation: The Application of Data Mining for the Automobile Insurance Industry. Paper presented at the Joint Statistical Meetingsin Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Dobson, D.S. (2003). Significance Testing: How to compare the statistics of two independent samples. Imprints (PMRS), 26-27.
- Dobson, D.S. (2003). Customer Comment Cards: Can they be a good method of Service Quality Assessment?. Imprints (PMRS), 26-27.
- Dobson, D.S. (2002). How to Measure the Performance of Trade Show Participation. Imprints (PMRS), 8-9.
- Dobson, D.S. (2001). Why do respondents refuse demographic questions?: "How to get the information you are seeking". Imprints (PMRS), 4-5.
- Dobson, D.S. (2001). Does Sample Size Matter? Imprints (PMRS), 4-8.
- Dobson, D.S. (2000). The ABC of Data Analysis. Imprints (PMRS), 48-53.
- Dobson, D.S. (1998). Market Research on Customer Loyalty. Imprints (PMRS), 12.