Medical Office Assistant certificate
The Medical Office Assistant certificate program is designed to prepare students to work as medical office assistants in the medical field.
1. Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Strong oral and written knowledge of English.
3. 30 wpm minimum typing speed (attach copy of certification). More Information.
4. Introductory computer course or equivalent experience.
5. Interview with instructor.
6. A CPT score of 48 or better or successful completion of ESL course level 80 English may be required.
7. Willingness to undergo a security record check.
8. A 500-word written statement outlining your reasons for taking the program.
How to apply and register
1. Fill out a UCFV Application for Admission form.
2. Fill out a Continuing Studies Medical Office Assistant application form.
3. Attach your written statement to the Continuing Studies application form explaining why you would like to be a medical office assistant.
4. Attach all required documentation and submit the completed application package to the Continuing Studies office at the Abbotsford Campus.
5. You may be required to take a composition placement test (CPT).
6. All applicants will be interviewed by the instructor. You will be contacted by telephone to arrange an appointment.
7. Applications are accepted throughout the year with appointments beginning in mid-February.
8. Applicants who meet all entrance requirements will be contacted by mail. Once advised of acceptance into the program, you may register. The tuition fee is due when you register.
Topics to be covered will include:
Program begins September of each year. Full-time, Monday through Friday for 12 weeks, plus a two-week practicum. The program is held in Abbotsford.
Students will be evaluated on classroom participation, classroom assignments, study projects, and by examination.
Students must successfully complete the theory component with a grade average of 80% before being assigned a practicum placement.
The grading procedure for this program is based on the UCFV grading system policy. Official transcripts are issued upon completion of the entire program.
In addition to classroom activities, students will be required to research, study and prepare assignments outside of class for approximately 68 hours per week.
A 90% attendance record must be achieved to successfully complete the course.
Tuition Fees: $3200
Note: All fees are subject to change.
Upon acceptance, fees noted must be paid by the date indicated. All fees which total more than $100 in a calendar year are fully tax deductible.
Financial aid is available from a variety of sources. For more information contact the Financial Aid and Awards office at either the Abbotsford or Chilliwack campus. A variety of bursary applications are also available from the Financial Aid and Awards offices.
For more information
Contact Julie Laursen at 604-864-4626 or 604-792-0025, local 4626, or toll-free (within Canada) 1-888-504-7441, local 4626. Email: email@example.com.
Calendar Home | Program Index | Course Descriptions | Schedule of Events | UCFV Home | UCFV A-Z | Apply Now | Contact Us
Copyright © University College of the Fraser Valley (UCFV), 33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada, V2S 7M8