Neo- Historical approach to the classical Greek and Sanskrit literature, Modern Drama specifically the Theatre of the Absurd, Social concerns in Indian Cinema, South Asian and Diaspora literatures and Pakistani television drama.
Presentations and Publications :
1."Revisiting Classics from the Perspective of Indo-Greek Socio-Cultural Milieu" published in Punjab Journal of English Studies, published by the Department of English, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
2. "Spaghetti Indian or Curry Western-Reinterpreting Sholay on the Basis of Rasa Theory", presented at a seminar organized by Katha, Asia in November, 2005.
3. “Countering Dictatorial Absolutism Through Satire—A Socio-Political Study of Pakistani Drama Angan Teda”, presented at South Asian Literary Association conference on January 7, 2011.
4. “Punjabis and Punjabiat in the 21st century Bollywood—Redefining Cultural Stereotypes.” Present
at the CENTENNIAL CONFERENCE 2011 Transnational Punjabis in the 21st Century: Junctures and
Departures, help at the University of the Fraser Valley.
FREELANCE CREATIVE ACTIVITIES
1. A staged reading of my play That Time of the Year was performed at the Reach Gallery Museum in Abbotsford, on Oct 22, 2010.
2. Directed St. John Ervine’s play Progress staged at the Aarsh auditorium, D.A.V. college, Amritsar.
3. Directed a self written Hindi play Tarpan for the G.N.D. University youth festival in 2006.
4. Scripted and directed a short play “Once Upon a Time in Kneda” as part of the centennial celebrations of the Sikh Temple in Abbotsford.
1. Scripted and anchored a five part documentary on Preet Nagar, a heritage village in Punjab, produced by Doordarshan Kendra (a state owned television station), Chandigarh, in 2003.
2. Scripted and anchored a documentary on the celebrated Punjabi writer Nanak Singh produced by Doordarshan Kendra, Chandigarh in 2005
3. Scripted a documentary on Bhakhra Beas Hydroelectric Projects produced by Doordarshan Kendra, Chandigarh in 2003.
4. Scripted and anchored a documentary on the Palaces of Amritsar and Kapurthala produced by Doordarshan Kendra, Chandigarh, in 2005.
I have written the story, screenplay and dialogues for the following television
1. A thirteen episode Hindi comedy serial, Aangan Tedha, produced by Doordarshan
Kendra, Chandigarh in 2002.
2. A thirteen episode Punjabi comedy series, Ghulle Shah de Karnamay, produced by
Creator Audio-Video, Amritsar and aired by Doordarshan, Jalandhar in 2001.
3. A thirteen episode Punjabi serial for children, Bazoomba Dot Com, produced by Creative
Infoline, Amritsar and aired by Doordarshan, Jalandhar in 2003.
4. A one-off Punjabi satirical play, Thipi, produced by Doordarshan Kendra, Jalandhar in