The South Asian Peer Network Association (SAPNA) is a student organization at the University of the Fraser Valley in Abbotsford. The club promotes networking among students to build stronger ties. By working in unison with our peers, we raise awareness by addressing issues of social concern.
SAPNA (South Asian Peer Network Association) Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference
The Director to the Centre for Indo-Canadians Studies at UFV will appoint an Indo-Canadian Student Advisory Committee (SAPNA). The role of the SAPNA is to discuss and provide their input about the programs and study offered by CICS.
- The SAPNA shall consist of persons appointed by the Director to the CICS.
- Membership on the SAPNA will consist of the Director to the CICS, Coordinator to the CICS, eight to ten students. (drawn from all 4 years of school)
- The Director and Coordinator to the CICS will solicit nominations for membership in SAPNA by working with partner groups at UFV, and working to foster ties with the UFV student population at large.
- To ensure continuity, individual appointments to SAPNA shall normally be for a one-year to two-year renewable term.
- One student advisor through voting or appointment will be selected to sit on the Indo-Canadian Advisory Committee for the CICS.
- The SAPNA will meet 12 times a year.
- Resignations from SAPNA shall be made in writing to the Director for CICS at UFV.