At the heart of the Child, Youth, and Family Studies Department is the belief that infants, children, youth, and families are significant and need the opportunity to grow and develop optimally. We hope to share that vision with all our stakeholders.
Our mission is to educate and prepare students to work with infants, children, youth, and families by promoting professionalism, highest standards of practice, and awareness of current trends and issues regarding work in the field.
We do this by:
- Using educationally sound instruction
- Inclusiveness to support people of all abilities, cultures and beliefs
- Being learner centered and facilitating learner success
- Encouraging lifelong professional development through research and scholarly activity
- Building and maintaining solid relationships with educational and community partners