2014 Editorial Board
- Co-Copy Editor
- Leah is going into her fourth year as an English major with a Creative Writing focus and a Visual Art minor. She is both an aspiring writer and editor, which is a lot like having a split personality disorder. Currently, she edits more than she writes, which is bad news for her pending novel, but good news for the Louden Singletree as she takes on the co-copy editor position.
- Co-Copy Editor
- Thomas studies English at UFV with a concentration in Creative Writing. Though he writes poetry and short fiction in school, he’s also passionate about music: he plays several musical instruments, works as a guitar teacher, writes and composes songs regularly, and plays in a local band. He has also studied screenwriting, playwriting, and journalism.
- Webmaster - Submissions
- Dessa finally graduated in 2013 with an English degree, but returned to the halls of UFV this year to complete her honours. She lives at the Cascade offices, where she is the current Editor-in-Chief and resident slang master. In her spare time she champions the Blackberry, experiments with literary journalism, and occasionally sleeps. In her first Christmas season away from retail work, she’ll get into whirling dervish mode as the Louden’s webmaster, sorting and emailing submissions to the readers with trademark panache.
Webmaster - Web Design and Social Media
Ashley is a student of English and Math, with a passion in creative writing. She has published one fantasy novel and a compilation of short fiction. When she’s not writing or doing math homework, she practices Jikiden Reiki, tends her small garden, pets her cats, and plays computer games. Outside of school she is a freelance writer, and hopes to one day teach math at a High School level.
- Leah is a third year student majoring in English Literature. Her hard drive is a veritable graveyard of half-finished stories and abandoned novels, and she has more journals filled with scribbles and musings than she can count. One day she will write something that matters, but until then she is pursuing her passion of encouraging people to see and use language and art in new and interesting ways.
- Keira is a third year student doing a double major in History and English while currently working on her first novel. When not occupied by her studies she enjoys traveling, exploring trails and hiking, and learning new crochet stitches!
- Shane is a 4th year Bachelor of Arts English major. Shane has been a member of the University of the Fraser Valley Senate, UFV Board of Governors, and is currently the President and Board Chair of the UFV Student Union Society. Outside of UFV Shane is the Board Secretary and Bylaw Committee Chair for the Canadian Alliance of Students Association. Shane is happy to be on the Louden Singletree Board after volunteering as a reader for the last two years and publishing one of his works in the magazine last year. Shane is grateful to be working with the Louden Singletree as the Secretary and Treasurer.
Andrea MacPherson Donnery
Andrea is the Faculty Advisor for the Louden Singeltree. She teaches creative writing and literature at the University of the Fraser Valley. She has published two novels and two poetry books. Andrea is also a past editor of Prism International and Event.
Back to top.