ESL Video Contest 2011
If you are a current ESL student, this is your chance to make a video about FUNNY THINGS CANADIANS DO. The video can be made with any device such as a video camera, digital camera, cell phone, or webcam. There can be up to five students participating in the video production, and the video must be 90 seconds or less in length.
How To Enter
• Sign up for the video contest in the ESL lab, room A245.
• Make a video 90 seconds or less in length about FUNNY THINGS CANADIANS DO.
• Make your video with your digital camera, cell phone, or any device that shoots video.
• Save your video in one of the standard video file formats, for example, wmv, avi, mp4, mov, etc.
• Put completed videos in the ESL Video Contest folder on T-‐drive in the ESL lab by November 22, 2012.
• Videos longer than 90 seconds will be disqualified from the contest.
• The videos can have up to five participants (including all actors, camera operators, directors, writers).
• The participants must be current ESL students at UFV.
• The video must be in English.
• The video must contain language and images suitable for all ages.
• The winners will be decided by viewer votes and three instructor judges.
• The prizes cannot be exchanged for something else.
Viewing and Voting
• All videos will be put on the ESL Video Contest web page where viewers can cast their votes.
• Voting will be available on this page on November 22, 2012.
- 1st Prize: $30.00 gift certificates to the Bookstore -‐ courtesy of UFV International
- 2nd Prize: $20.00 gift certificates to Finnegan’s Pub & Grill -‐ courtesy of Finnegan’s Pub & Grill
- 3rd Prize: UFV t-‐shirts -‐ courtesy of the UFV Bookstore
View the winning videos and enjoy a FREE MEAL at Finnegan’s!
Phoenix Room – 11:45 A.M. to 12:45 P.M. – Thursday, November 29, 2012