|Congratulations! The Winners are:
|1st : Mengmeng Wu, Jinyue Yang & Wenli Liu (Video #8)
2nd : Kayo, Joanne, Nimrit & Katie (Video #6)
3rd : Kane, Ouyang & Coeus (Video #4)
|Thank you so much for your participation.
|Please click on each YouTube link below.
Why We Are Taking ESL at UFV
If you are a current ESL student, this is your chance to make a video about why you are taking ESL at UFV. The video can be made with any device such as a video camera, digital camera, cell phone, or webcam. There can be up to five students participating in the video production, and the video must be one minute or less in length.
How To Enter
• Sign up for the video contest in the ESL lab, room A245.
• Make a video (one minute or less in length) about why you are taking ESL at UFV.
• Use one of the standard video file formats, for example, mp4, wmv, avi, mov, etc.
• Put completed videos in the Video Contest folder on T-drive in the ESL lab by November 25, 2011.
• Videos longer than one minute will be disqualified from the contest.
• The videos can have up to five participants (including all actors, camera operators, directors, writers, etc.).
• The participants must be current ESL students at UFV.
• The video must be in English.
• The video must contain language and images suitable for all ages.
• The prizes cannot be exchanged for something else.
• The winners will be decided by viewer votes and three instructor judges.
Viewing and Voting
• All videos will be put on the ESL Video Contest web page where viewers can cast their votes.
• Voting will be available on November 29, 2011.
Prizes and Contest Sponsors
1st Prize: $30.00 gift certificates to the Bookstore - courtesy of UFV International Education
2nd Prize: $20.00 gift certificates to Finnegan’s Pub & Grill - courtesy of Finnegan’s Pub & Grill
3rd Prize: UFV t-shirts - courtesy of the UFV Bookstore