FCC BUSINESS PLANNING ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP (not available for 2010 - 2011)
AMOUNT: Varies yearly depending on the number of students in the class.
AVAILABLE TO: Agriculture Technology diploma students.
APPLY TO: Via the AGRI 242a and AGRI 242b course instructor, apply to Farm Credit Canada. Complete award details may be viewed at: www.fcc-fax.ca/en/LearningCentre/business_award_intro_e.asp
DEADLINE: May 10
- The recipient must have completed AGRI 242a and be enrolled in AGRI 242b of the Agriculture Technology Diploma program at UFV.
- The recipient will have a mentor (instructor, parent, producer or industry specialist) to guide them through this process.
- The individual student will prepare a real-life business plan related to agriculture production or the agri-service sector, and have had this plan endorsed by their instructor.
APPLICATION MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- You must submit a signed and completed application form that has been endorsed by the course instructor and by a parent or producer (who works within the business of agriculture) along with the completed business plan relating to agriculture.
- Your real-life business plan must be typed on 8.5" x 11" paper and submitted to the instructor/professor by the deadline established by the college/university and your instructor/professor.
- FCC employees and their family members are not eligible to apply.
- Individual recipients will receive a cash award determined by UFV and FCC.
- At its sole discretion, Farm Credit Canada may modify or cancel the award program at any time.
- The decision of UFV as to the winners is final.
- By applying for the award and signing an entry form, a winner agrees to participate in a media plan, which may include a news release with a photo and television, radio and newspaper interviews.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The AGRI 242a/AGRI 242b course instructor will select award winners. Your instructor or professor will supply you wth the criteria specific to UFV.