Future Students

Permits and visas FAQ

Frequently asked questions

What is the difference between a visa and a study permit?

 Info for international students:

A study permit authorizes you to study at a college/university, and is required for you remain in Canada for the duration of your studies.

A visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) allows you to enter Canada. Depending on your citizenship, you may need a visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) in addition to a study permit in order to enter Canada as an international student. Please refer to the CIC website for a list of countries whose citizens require a vis or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Learn more about permits and visas

<< Previous | Next >>

Back to Permits and visas FAQ

UFV's main FAQ

Information for:

Contact Us