Entrance Requirements for the Diploma Program
For more information: 2014 Academic Calendar
1. B.C. secondary school graduation or equivalent or minimum age of 19 years of age before the first day of classes.
2. The prerequisite to CMNS 155 or ENGL 105 (please contact the BFA educational advisor for information on meeting this requirement).
3. Applicants must satisfy the English language proficiency requirement. For details on how this requirement may be met, see English language proficiency requirement in the Admissions section of the calendar.
4. Attendance at a program introduction session at the Mission campus. Early applicants: Monday April 14, 3:00 pm. Late applicants: Monday June 2, 3:00 pm. Note: Early applicants are given priority in the review process.
5. Portfolio of current work with accompanying documentation. GDD 2014 Portfolio Guidelines
If the program is full, qualified students will be placed on a temporary waitlist. If you meet the entrance requirements and a space becomes available, you will be contacted. After September 1, the waitlist is void. In cases where interim transcripts are submitted, an admissions decision may be made conditional upon completion of academic requirements. Proof of completion of entrance requirements is due the end of the first week in August.
Deadlines for early applicants:
Monday March 31, 2014: Application submission
Monday April 14, 2014, 3:00 pm: GDD Introduction Session and Portfolio Submission
International applicants must meet the early admissions deadlines and submit their application on March 31 and portfolio on April 14, 2014. Contact UFV International at 604-504-7441 or visit the UFV International website for information about admission. Different fees and procedures apply.
Deadlines for late applicants:
Friday May 16, 2014: Application submission
Monday June 2, 2014, 3:00 pm: GDD Introduction Session and Portfolio Submission
GDD 2014 Admissions Timeline