Meet UFV Kinesiology Instructor Brian Justin
Brian’s philosophy on teaching can be summarized with the acronym F.A.S.T.
F is for fun. If learning can be fun and interactive then understanding will set in.
A stands for academic. Learning requires the organization and assimilation of academic information.
S represents skill. Brian likes to challenge students to think beyond the curriculum so they can not only learn the information but also apply it in the field. Skill is the outward expression of knowledge and applied knowledge is power.
T stands for teaching. Brian feels that teaching is a two-way avenue. Learning is reciprocal in that it occurs from the teacher to the student and from the student to the teacher. It is a win-win situation!
In addition to teaching Kinesiology and Physical Education labs and lectures at UFV, Brian is also:
Lead Strength Coach - Pacific Sport Ignite Program. Helping athletes develop physical literacy and designing strength and conditioning progressions for the two year program
Continuing of Education Trainer-Inshape Vancouver
UFV Continuing Education Instructor (summer 2013 semester)-CSEP Certified Personal Trainer Program for second year students who want to achieve certification with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiologists
Instructor for KPE 103 at Agassiz Secondary for the high school outreach program
Brian's recent presentations include:
Gathering Our Voices-Expert Panelist - Penticton, March 2013
- Panelist for Health Careers in Education
- Met with youth from across the country
Canadian Exercise Physiology AGM - Vancouver, February 2013
- Presented a lecture on Musculoskeletal Screening for CEP's/CPT's for the BC chapter's AGM
National Aboriginal Physical Activity Conference-UBC, Vancouver, February 2013
- Presented a lecture entitled-"Join the Resistance!"
Innovative Fitness AGM- Vancouver, November 2012
- Presented a lecture entitled- "The 7 Essential Habits for Post-Rehab Training"
Pacific Sport -Ignite Program - Vancouver, September 2012
- Presented a lecture on Performance Lifestyles for athletes of the program
Specializations and Interests are:
- Functional Movement Evaluator (FMS-1)
- Combat Sports Training
- Holistic Lifestyle Coach (Level 2)
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Pursuing Nero kinetic Therapy Training
Click HERE for additional information on Brian Justin