Apply to UFV in 7 easy steps
Apply early to get the best selection
Seats in many programs are limited. Review application deadlines to give yourself plenty of time. Applications that remain incomplete by the deadline may have to be deferred to the next semester.
Complete your application
Apply online for fastest processing.
UFV International's online application gives you the ability to save your information so that you can submit your documents and complete your application at your own convenience.
A PDF application is available if you are unable to apply online. Please print neatly in block letters. Expect delays in processing if you submit your application in this format.
Include all necessary documents
Include the following with your application:
- A non-refundable fee of $150 CAD. (how to pay)
- Official high school transcripts. If your transcripts are in a language other than English, you also need to provide a certified English translation.
- UFV also needs to receive official post-secondary transcripts from all the colleges or universities you have attended to admit you to your program of choice. Some credits may qualify for transfer. Learn how to transfer your credits to a Canadian university.
- A copy of your passport.
- Your English proficiency test results (TOEFL, IELTS, LPI). To get your TOEFL iBT score sent automatically to UFV use code 9736 when you take the test.
- A short paragraph describing the areas of study that are of interest to you.
If you do not have all your documents available when you apply online, you can send them to us later. Or you can save your application and come back to it later to attach your documents.
Submit your documents and application
Ensure that you meet all university and program admission requirements and that you’ve included all of the required documents in your application.
Submit your online application or mail your paper application and documents to:
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road
Abbotsford, BC, V2S 7M8
Phone: +1 604 854 4544
Fax: +1 604 855 7153
Send all the documents required in step three. Missing documents will delay your UFV admission: without official transcripts and proof of English proficiency, you cannot be accepted to an academic program.
Wait for your preliminary letter of acceptance
Your preliminary letter of acceptance should arrive approximately two weeks after we receive your completed application and all required documents. Any missing information or documents will delay your letter. The letter will outline the steps you need to take to receive your official letter of acceptance.
Pay your fees
Pay your fees in full, as explained in your preliminary letter of acceptance to secure your seat at UFV and proceed with course registration. View more information about fees and tuition.
Connect with our International Student Ambassadors to find out more about living in Canada and being a UFV student.