Tips for Success
- Practice, practice, practice! Speak with others even if you are unsure of your English abilities. People will be understanding.
- Make friends with native English speakers. By using English in both academic and social situations, you will improve your language skills.
- Read books and newspapers, watch tv, and rent movies in English.
- Use the language laboratory.
- Get involved in campus and community activities and events.
- Remember that good grades are extremely important, so attend and participate in all classes, complete all assignments, and study for tests. Use campus resources to improve your abilities and ask your instructor if you don’t understand something. If you need additional help, see an advisor for additional strategies.