UFV has three four-month semesters:
Fall: September to December
Winter: January to April
Summer: May to August (limited academic course offerings / no ESL programming)
WHEN TO APPLY: Apply early! Seats in many programs are limited. Applying by the stated deadline does not guarantee admission. Applications that remain incomplete by the deadline will be deferred to the next semester.
September to December
January to April
May to August
|English Second Language
University Foundation Program
* Due to unusual demand, popular programs may fill prior to the application deadline. Apply early for best selection.
If you want to transfer credits from a school you attended, you should apply at least 6 to 8 weeks before the deadline to allow time to complete the transfer credit evaluation before you register for classes. To initiate a transfer credit evaluation, you must pay a non-refundable fee of $250.00 CAD.
Fall 2015: September 8 - December 19, 2015
Semester Break: December 20, 2015 to January 5, 2016
Winter 2016: January 6 - April 25, 2016
Semester Break: April 26 to May 8, 2016
Summer 2016: May 9 - August 20, 2016
Semester Break: August 21 to September 5, 2016
- Semester dates include exam periods
- Dates are subject to change without notice
- There are limited academic course offerings in summer semesters
- ESL programming is not offered in summer semesters