Printing in a UFV computer lab
Step 1: Obtain a campus card
Students must first obtain a personal campus card from any of the UFV Libraries. At the start of each semester of classes, booths are setup at convenient locations to allow students to have their photo taken and their number placed on a card. Once the semester has started, the UFV Library has a booth available the remaining time.
Step 2: Charge money onto the card
While use of UFV computers is free, printing is not -- students are required to pay $0.10 per page when using the lab printers.
Students with their UFV campus card may charge funds to the card at one of the Library dispensers or at the UFV Bookstores. A student will need appropriate funds on their campus card prior to printing in a computer lab.
NOTE: The campus cards used for printing in the computer labs ARE compatible with the photocopiers.
Step 3: Send print job to printer
- Send your print job from your computer as you would normally.
- Walk over to the nearest, working print station. (The printers are on a network so you may access your print job from another lab if the printer you are using is not functional or is out of paper.)
- Insert your campus card.
- Enter your username on the monitor beside the printer, then click the OK button.
- You will see a list of your print job(s) on the screen. Use the mouse to select (click on) your print job.
- Click on PRINT and your print job will be sent to printer AND money will be deducted from your print card.