Removable Storage Devices (USB and Flash Drives)
- To store your information externally, IT Services recommends students buy a USB flash drive with the slimmest connector (available at UFV Bookstores).
How to use your USB Flash Drive
- Insert your USB flash drive and Microsoft Windows will recognize and initialize the new device.
- Save your data on the USB flash drive.
- Click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the bottom-right system tray of Microsoft Windows.
- When message says Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device, remove your USB flash drive.
- Please label your flash drive with your name or number to increase the chances it can be returned to you if ever you accidentally lose it.
- Please save your work often.