Student Computer Accounts
- Access to any computer on all campuses is restricted to currently registered UFV students.
- The account is free, is based on your student ID number, and is confirmed through your registration data.
- Your student ID number will be printed on personal information you receive from UFV such as a registration receipt or on the front of your Campus Card.
Can’t find your student ID number?
- Students must visit the Office of the Registrar in person and provide ID such as their Campus Card or other government issued ID and your student ID number will be provided.
- Student ID numbers will not be given out over the phone.
Where to use your computing accounts
UFV Computers, Network Files and Email
- Your student computing account allows computer access to the UFV network files, student email and online courses while on campus and remotely.
- Students set their own personal passwords and are responsible for not sharing their accounts.
myUFV Web Services and Online Courses
- myUFV is a portal where students can access many UFV student web services.
- Students can register for courses, view class grades and schedules, read their email, interact with their instructor, read current news, sports, and concert listings, access UFV Online and Library resources, join discussion groups, access network files and receive campus and personal announcements.
- Students can log into their UFV online courses directly or through myUFV.
Library User Web Resources
- Find out more about Library User Web Services
- Access the online UFV Library web services at My UFV Library Account (Renewals)
- Search the Library catalogue, article indexes and research and government databases
- Check out information on resources, transfers, hold-item availability, outstanding fines, group study room bookings, as well as make interlibrary loan requests.
- NOTE: YOUR LIBRARY PASSWORD IS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR OTHER COMPUTER ACCOUNTS
Create an Account
Temporary Grace Account
- During the first two weeks at the start of every semester a TEMPORARY generic student account allows access to UFV computer resources.
- After this two week grace period, the generic account is DISABLED and you MUST create and use your own personal computer account.
1. Go to a computer
► Are you on-campus in a UFV computer lab or at a UFV Library computer?
- Turn on a UFV computer and wait for the login prompt
► Are you away from campus at a computer with internet access?
- Type my.ufv.ca into a web browser
- Go to the Secure Access Login area of myUFV
2. Type your username
- Your computer username is your student number
- It is nine numbers Example: 300099999
- It is printed on your campus card and your course registration receipt
3. Type your password
- The FIRST time you log in to the UFV network your default password is set to your date of birth
- It is six numbers in the format of yymmdd
Example: February 17, 1984 is 840217
► yy (last two digits of year) 84
► mm (two digits of month) 02
► dd (two digits of day) 17
4. Set your security question (myUFV option only)
- Once you successfully log into myUFV, set a security question to assist you in the future in case you forget your password
- Choose the Home tab, click on Personal Information, then click on Change Security Question
- Select a security question from the pull-down or type your own question
- Type your security answer which is case sensitive and limited to 30 characters
5. Change your birth date password
- To access certain higher secure areas of myUFV, you will be asked to change your default password to a personal password only you would know
- Choose a new and different personal password that is exactly six numbers
- Please wait 15 minutes before using your password for the first time
- In the future, you can change your password by choosing the Home tab, clicking on Personal Information, and then clicking on Change Your PIN
Please wait 15 minutes or longer after any myUFV change before you log in again to allow time for the network to synchronize all of your computer accounts.
Account Help - What to do if...
You do not know your student number
- The Office of the Registrar can provide your student number if you visit them in person and show proper photo identification (ID) such as your campus card.
Your account is suspended
- More than five unsuccessful attempts to log in to your myUFV account will temporarily suspend it.
- Wait half an hour or longer and try to log in again using your correct information.
You forgot your Password and Need it Reset
- Try first to reset your password yourself using your security question:
- Go to my.ufv.ca
- Under the Help & Information section click on Reset your password
- Enter your student number in the User ID box and leave the PIN box empty
- Click on Forgot PIN?
- If you haven't previously entered a security question-answer in myUFV, this function will not work, and UFV will have to reset your password.
- When you use your security question to log in to your myUFV account you will have only five attempts to correctly answer and exactly match your security question on file or your myUFV account will be disabled.
Your Account is Disabled
- If there has been more than five incorrect attempts to answer your security question, your account will be disabled.
- You will still be able to log into myUFV, but access to certain personal confidential areas (i.e. your grades, your registration details, etc.) will be restricted.
- If your account is disabled, your password can be reset by the Office of the Registrar or the IT Service Desk.
Your Password is Expired
- Inactive student accounts will expire if you have not logged into your myUFV account for a long period of time.
- Please have your password reset if you no longer have myUFV access.
UFV Needs to Reset your Password
Have your password reset back to your birth date by either:
- Visiting: Bring photo ID such as your campus card to any Office of the Registrar or to the IT Service Desk and request a password reset.
- Faxing: Fill out and sign a Reset myUFV Access or Forgot myPIN form available online at ufv.ca/admissions/forms. Fax the form to Office of the Registrar along with a photocopy of your photo ID. Your signature on your photo ID must match your signature on the form.
- Scanning/Emailing: Complete the Reset myUFV Access or Forgot myPIN form and scan/email it along with photo to email@example.com. Your signature on your photo ID must match your signature on the form.
- Phoning: Call the Office of the Registrar at 604-854-4501 to request a password reset. To verify your information over the phone, you will need to answer a minimum of three security questions.
- Please wait 15 minutes or longer after any myUFV change before you log in again to allow time for the network to synchronize all of your computer accounts.