Student access to network files
Accessing Network Files While on Campus
Student's own personal 1 GB storage space
Student public storage space where all students can add, modify and delete files
Used by instructors to distribute course files to students. Faculty can add, modify or delete files on Q: drive. Students can only read and save the data that is stored on the Q: drive
Accessing Student Drives From Off Campus
Get the Knowlege Base article
Gives access to R: drive (students own personal storage 1 GB)
Gives access to Q: drive (students have read and copy access to instructor files)
Gives access to P: drive (student public storage space where all students have read and write access to student files)
While away from the UFV campus, you access to your UFV network drives at these locations:
- my.ufv.ca, choose Online Services page tab and UFV Network Files
- my.ufv.ca, choose My Courses page tab, My Courses channel, and the link for UFV Network Files
Previous File Storage
Do you have personal files saved on your personal student UFV network drive before September 2012?
- In September 2012, UFV’s network file storage system for students was changed.
- UFV students from Summer 2012 and earlier semesters will need to copy or move any personal files they want saved from NetStorage at gw.ufv.ca/NetStorage at Home@UCFV (also known as R:Drive).
- After May 31, 2013, students will no longer have access to their personal files on the old file NetStorage file system.
- The logical place students can move their files is to their new HomeDir at gateway.ufv.ca.