Forwarding Your Student Email
We recommend that:
1. Students not forward email from the student.ufv.ca email system to a non-UFV email system.
2. Students always use their UFV email address when contacting instructors.
- We can't guarantee that you will receive messages forwarded to another email system. A forwarded message could bounce if your inbox is full or otherwise unavailable, or it could e blocked altogether by a spam filter.
- Email sent from a non-UFV email address to a UFV address may be blocked by our spam filters without notification to you or the recipient. Your instructor or other important recipient may not receive your email at all.
- The UFV-assigned email address clearly identifies you as a student. For example, email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org may look like spam in an instructor's inbox, and be deleted unread.
- If you are submitting an assignment close to deadline, the UFV email system will get it to your instructor on time. Other email systems may delay sending email, which could cause assignments to be delivered late to your instructor's inbox. This could result in deducted marks or worse, depending on your instructor's late assignment policy.
- Having to maintain additional non-UFV mailing lists makes more work for instructors who may be interacting with 100+ students per term.
However, if you STILL want to take risks with your UFV email communication, contact the ITS Helpdesk at HelpDesk.ITS@ufv.ca for instructions.