Procedures for Holds, Inter-Campus Transfers and Just Received Processing
Use the UFV Library Catalogue to place holds on items which are checked out, to request inter-campus transfers for items which are on another UFV campus, or to request rush processing of items just received.
Search for an item in the Library Catalogue. Click on the Place Hold link (on the left side of the screen).
Type in your Student number or Employee number, and Library PIN number. Select a pickup location. Click on the “Place Hold” button.
A confirmation message appears.
When ordering journals, it is important to select the specific volume required.
Items that are currently checked out can be recalled. Initial loan periods for books are 3 weeks for undergraduate students and 4 weeks for graduate students. These initial loan periods are guaranteed. If these items are renewed, they are subject to recall and their due date will be adjusted to reflect a shortened renewal period. Faculty and staff can check out books for 4 months; however, only the first 3 weeks are guaranteed. After that time, items can be recalled. Recall notices will be sent to the borrowers UFV email account. This email will include the new due date. All item types besides Reserves and Interlibrary Loan items can be recalled. Check full Borrowing Policies
for complete details.
Notification When Items are Available
An email will be sent to the email address on file in your library record. As well, you can see if your items are available:
- Go to the library’s homepage at http://www.ufv.ca/library
- Click on ‘My Library Account”
- Click on “Display My Account”.
- Type in your Student number or Employee number, and Library PIN number. Click on "Display User Information”.
- Your HOLDS will be listed, with a statement indicating either your position in the Hold queue, or that your item is available for pickup.
- Holds for on-shelf items are processed 3 times per day (8 am, 2 pm, 8 pm)
- Patrons who personally retrieve items from the shelf for checkout will be given priority over patrons who have placed a hold online.
- Loan periods may be shortened to one week in the event of multiple holds.
Cancellation of Holds
If you no longer require a hold or intercampus transfer, you may cancel your hold. Using the steps above the view your holds information, click on the check box beside the hold and click on the “Cancel Selected Holds” button.
If you require assistance at any time, please ask at the Information Desk, or call (604) 854-4545
Updated September 14, 2011 bp