Library Services for Mission and Hope Centre
Due to budget cutbacks, the Mission Campus library was closed in April 2013. However, library services are still being provided to students, faculty, and staff based in Mission. Additionally, library services are provided to users of the Hope Centre. Mission and Hope students are welcome to visit the Chilliwack and Abbotsford campus libraries to obtain resources or services. However, we also provide the following options.
Borrowing and Returning Items:
Books, journals, videos, and other library items are available to borrow from the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campus libraries.
- Mission students can search the UFV Library Catalogue for items, and then place a hold with the preferred pickup location. Users will have the option to have items held for them in Abbotsford or Chilliwack, or to have materials transferred by courier to the Mission campus registration office for pickup.
- We will let you know by email when your items are ready to be picked up.
- Items can be returned at the Chilliwack and Abbotsford campus libraries OR to the book return bin located on the Mission campus.
- Hope students can borrow items through Students at a Distance Services. Please search the UFV Library Catalogue to find items you would like to borrow.
- Please return your items using the enclosed mail label, allowing enough time for mail delivery. (Items could also be returned at the Chilliwack and Abbotsford campus libraries.)
Research Databases and Online Collections:
- UFV Library provides on- and off-campus access to many online resources:
- For scholarly journal, magazine, or newspaper articles, try searching one of our many (100+) research databases
- Our e-books cover a wide variety of subjects and come from a range of publishers
- Online journals can be accessed via the UFV Journals list
- Mission and Hope students can use the UFV Interlibrary Loan Services to order an article or book that is not available at UFV.
- Use either the interlibrary loan forms or “Where can I get this?” in the library databases to request such items.
- Articles will be delivered electronically via email.
- Users will have the option to have books and videos held for them in Abbotsford or Chilliwack, or to have materials transferred by courier to the Mission campus registration office for pickup.
Additional Services for Faculty:
- Library staff will work with faculty to create electronic reading lists wherever possible.
- Librarians provide instructional sessions for Mission classes.
Help with Research:
The Ask a Librarian page lists the many ways that users can contact the library for reference assistance including by phone, e-mail, or the Askaway chat reference service.
- Your library PIN can be used to place a hold or renew items. If you do not know your library PIN, you can get it here.