Click here to run and install CAN8
USER ID: STUDENT # (3000XXXXX)
How to Install CAN8
FOLLOW THESE STEPS - (depending on your version of Windows these steps may vary):
- Click here to run and install CAN8 . Click on RUN, then click-on Install
- Then copy the CAN8 file on your desktop
- When you double-click-on the icon; it looks like this
- Make sure you have CAN8.UFV.CA as the server; remember that the user ID is your student number and PWORD is the password. Do a recording exercise in CAN8.
- Login the next day to see if it was kept or not; if it was not kept, you will have to configure or turn-off your firewall.
Use USB headset with CAN8
Remember: We do not guarantee that CAN8 will work on every PC; but, we will do our very best to help you.
You can always make use of UFV's computer labs if your computer at home does not work with CAN8.
The Windows CAN-8 product accesses material on the server via the IP protocol. This requires that the stations be capable of communicating with the server using the IP protocol.
Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows7 OS.
Using a generic soundboard:
Full duplex 16bit card, 44k input/output
CAT-5 or CAT-5E cabling for 100 Mbit/sec Ethernet interfaces 100 Mbit/sec Hub or Switch.
Network OS and file server:
Intel (or equivalent) based system running on Windows Windows 2000/2003/2208/vista. with at least 200 Gbyte hard disk
(Mirrored or better if possible) and 100 Mbits/sec Ethernet interface
In order to run in a satisfactory manner, a minimum required bandwidth must be available between the server and client. This is approximately 64 Kbits/sec per station.
Locations of Main Drop-in Labs (Can8 available)
- G210 - Building D, second floor
- G180 - Inside the Abbotsford Library
- Inside the main UFV Abbotsford Library