NSERC Grant Opportunities
NSERC Discovery Grant
NSERC Discovery Grant NOI - Now mandatory
The Notification of Intent to Apply for a Discovery Grant is now mandatory. Please note the following:
• NOIs must be submitted directly to NSERC via the online system.
• NOIs must be received by August 1, 2014
• NOIs will not be accepted after the deadline.
• Applicants who do not submit an NOI by this date will not be eligible to submit the full application in November for the 2014 competition.
If you require further information, please contact Brad Whittaker.
Discovery Grants Program supports ongoing programs of research (with long-term goals) rather than a single short-term project or collection of projects. These grants recognize the creativity and innovation that are at the heart of all research advances, whether made individually or in teams. Researchers are free to work in the mode most appropriate for the research area.
Discovery Grants Program assists in:promoting and maintaining a diversified base of high-quality research capability in the natural sciences and engineering in Canadian universities;
- fostering research excellence;
- providing a stimulating environment for research training.
Notice of Intent Deadline: August 1, 2014
Internal Application Deadline: October 27, 2014
Application Deadline: November 1, 2014
Please click here for application information and program details
NSERC Engage Grant
Engage Grants are designed to give companies that operate from a Canadian base access to the unique knowledge and expertise available at Canadian universities. These grants are intended to foster the development of new research partnerships between an academic researcher and a company that have never collaborated before, by supporting short-term research and development projects aimed at addressing a company-specific problem in the natural sciences or engineering fields.
Please note that applicants seeking funding for travel and meeting activities to establish contact with new potential industrial partners should apply for an Interaction Grant.
There is no deadline for the Interaction Grant and the Engage Grant.
Please click here for the application and more details.
SSHRC Connection Grant
Connection Grants support events and outreach activities geared toward short-term, targeted knowledge mobilization initiatives. These events and activities represent opportunities to exchange knowledge and to engage on research issues of value to those participating. Events and outreach activities funded by a Connection Grant may often serve as a first step toward more comprehensive and longer-term projects potentially eligible for funding through other SSHRC funding opportunities.
There are four application deadlines throughout the year.
Next application Deadline: November 1, 2014
Please click here for more details.
SSHRC Partnership Development Grant
Partnership Development Grants provide support over one to three years to teams/partnerships, led by a project director, to:
- develop research and related activities in the social sciences and humanities, including knowledge mobilization and the meaningful involvement of students and new scholars, by fostering new partnerships for research and related activities involving existing and/or potential partners; or
- design and test new partnership approaches for research and/or related activities that may result in best practices or models that either can be adapted by others or have the potential to be scaled up to a regional, national or international level.
Partnership Development Grant proposals are expected to respond to the objectives of the Insight program or the Connection program, or a combination thereof. Please click here for a table of the two programs objectives and more details of the program.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2014
CIHR provides funding opportunities for four themes of health research:
- Health systems services
- Social, cultural, environmental and population health
With SSHRC transferring all health related research to CIHR, please take a look below for information on CIHR and newsletters.
Major funding opportunities for CIHR will be posted on the external funding opportunties webpage which can be found here: http://www.ufv.ca/Research/Resources_for_Faculty/funding/tricouncil.htm
CIHR has smaller partnership and catalyst grants that are ongoing. Please check here for a list of all open grant opportunities.