UFV Research Support
Teaching Research Option (RO)
Scholarly Activity Option (SA)
Application Information for the 2014/15 Academic Year
Below is detailed information for teaching faculty members on how to submit an application for an RO or SA release for the 2014/15 academic year:
- Application Deadline is Thursday, October 31, 2013.
- Before completing an application, please read the Research Option & Scholarly Activity Application Handbook to assist you in completing the form.
- Determine which application stream best fits your proposal.
- Complete either the Research Option Application or Scholarly Activity Application online PDF form. There is a separate RO & SA Application Form for Major Grant Holders.
- Print the form, sign the form, and have your Department Head sign the form.
- Scan the completed form with signatures, and submit it by emailing ROSA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to attach all supporting documents.
- Once submitted, applications will be distributed to the appropriate subcommittee.
- The Teaching Faculty Research Option subcommittee and the Scholarly Activity Option subcommittee function as separate committees.
- As in the past, the 80 releases in total available to both committees will continue to be used to support approved research and scholarly activities.
Review of applications will normally be completed by January 31, 2014.
Teaching Faculty Research and Scholarly Activity Options Handbook PDF
Research Option Application Form Fillable PDF
Scholarly Activity Application Form Fillable PDF
RO & SA Application Form for Major Grant Holders Fillable Word Doc
Final research reports are required and must be submitted to the Research Office by September 12, 2015. A reminder email, along with a report template and instructions, will be sent to faculty who receive Research Option or Scholarly Activity releases.
Please refer to the Application Handbook or email ROSA.email@example.com.
Aid to Small Universities Grant
In 2011, UFV was successful in its application to SSHRC for an Aid to Small Universities (ASU) grant. Though this is an external grant, the Research Office administers the grant to faculty through a proposal system.
The call for proposals is for applications requesting funding for research in one (or more) of the following
- Citizenship, Culture, Governance and Human Rights;
- Environment and Sustainable Development ; and
- Two areas of teaching and learning: the pedagogical approach of research-like learning
activities / inquiry-based learning and how students learn.
At least 50% of the budget should be dedicated to hiring student research assistants. The grant will cover
costs of travel by faculty or student research assistants that is required for the conduction of the research.
For more information regarding the call for proposals, please contact Brad Whittaker (Brad.Whittaker@ufv.ca).
To apply, complete the ASU application form and submit it to Linda Dahl in the UFV Research Office (Linda.Dahl@ufv.ca).
Research assistants/Work Study Grant Program
The Work Study Grant Program has been under revision and is now complete.
We have four goals in mind:
The Research Office will no longer be putting out the calls for research assistants. The call will come
from the Career Centre in April 2012.
Visit http://www.ufv.ca/Jobs/Work_Study.htm to review revisions.
From top of the page, click on Work study process for Faculty and Staff and click on the following links:
- Work Study Grant Program Operational Guidelines
- Work Study Grant Program Application Form
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.