Elizabeth Dennis, BA, MA, PhD (Toronto)
Office: D3033 Abbotsford Campus
Telephone: 604 - 504 -7441, local 4561
Elizabeth has taught at UFV for twenty years and has served as Special Projects Advisor to the Provost, Associate Dean of Arts, and Department Head of SCMS. She has been an active member of the UFV community, serving on the Board of Governors, Research Ethics Board, Interim Graduate Studies and Faculty & Staff Association executive committees.
Undergraduate Courses Taught
- SOC 101 Introductory Sociology
- SOC 201 Key Ideas in Sociology
- SOC 220 Sociology of Women in Canada
- SOC 331 Sociology of Families
- SOC 350 Classical Sociological Thought
- SOC 450 Selected Issues in Sociological Theory: Feminist Thoery
- WMST 101 Introduction to Women's Studies I
- WMST 201 Introduction to Women's Studies II
Dr. Dennis received her PhD from the University of Toronto. Her research interests are in the area of family and gender, with a focus on parenting and popular culture. She teaches in the areas of family, gender and social theory. A number of her courses are taught fully online.