Katherine A. Watson, PhD (McMaster)
Office: B350 Abbotsford Campus
Telephone: 604 - 504 -7441, local 4265
Areas of Interest
Katherines areas of interest include Sociology of Education, Research Methodology and Classical and Contemporary Sociological Research.
Current Projects include a study on British Columbia educational reform initiatives since 2002. Of particular interest are the ways in which assessment embodies moral regulation and governance of students.
Katherine is currently working as the project Manager with the Community Leadership team for Abbotsford's 2013 VitaSigns Report. For detailed infrmation please visit: http://www.abbotsfordcf.org/
Undergraduate Courses Taught
- SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 230 Individual and Society
- SOC/ANTH/MACS 255 Introduction to Social Research
- SOC/EDUC 333 Schooling and Society
- SOC 350 Classical Sociological Thought
- SOC/ANTH/MACS 355 Quantitative Research Methods
- SOC/ANTH/MACS 356 Qualitative Research Methods
- SOC 357C Advanced Research Methods: Survey Research
- SOC 450E Selected Issues in Sociological Theory - Sex, Crime and Madness
Teaching Excellence Award
University College of the Fraser Valley’s Teaching Excellence Award, Winter 2003.