How to Become an Ambassador
Follow the steps below:
Review the requirements
A UFV Ambassador is an awesome person who:
- Is a current UFV student or alumni
- Is motivated to be involved and make a difference in the UFV community
- Can commit to a minimum of 10 hours per semester
- Can attend one five-hour training session per semester
To apply now is the easiest ever: just fill out the application form (at the bottom of this page).
Make it even better by inviting your friends to join too, so that you can volunteer together.
Attend a training session
All UFV Student Life Ambassadors must complete one training session per semester. Successful completion of this training session makes you eligible for various ambassador roles.
Get co-curricular credit
As a UFV Student Life Ambassador you not only represent your university by sharing experiences with other students, but also have the opportunity to develop leadership, communication and public speaking skills, as well as build relationships in the community.
That is why, once you reach a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer experience (including training sessions), you can get credit on your co-curricular record, the official UFV document that recognizes your experiential learning and your on-campus contributions outside of the classroom.
Jazz up your résumé
Your experience as a UFV Ambassador can help enhance your résumé or academic portfolio as you move on to employment or further studies. Make sure you make the most of your experience by leveraging the following:
- Co-Curricular Record credit
- Reference letter (obtained upon request)
- Opportunities for paid employment
- New friends and staff connections