Obsolete & Surplus Materials, Goods & Equipment
Obsolete Material, Goods and Equipment
Material, goods and equipment no longer usable in the service for which they were purchased, and cannot be used safely, or economically for any other purpose.
Surplus Material, Goods and Equipment
That portion of material, goods and equipment in excess of operating, maintenance, repair, or spare parts requirements; or any item not having a use within the foreseeable future.
The Purchasing Department will be responsible for the disposal of UFV owned surplus and obsolete material, goods and equipment.
Departments having surplus, or obsolete material, goods, or equipment shall notify the Purchasing Division, who will arrange for disposal. Notice shall include:
- complete description of the goods including brand name, model and serial numbers where applicable
- UCFV asset number where applicable
- date of purchase
- purchase price
The Purchasing Division will dispose of surplus and obsolete material, goods and equipment by the method that best obtains maximum value for UFV, including:
- transfer to other UFV departments
- return to supplier for refund or credit
- trade-in on the purchase of replacement equipment
- sale by UFV’s agent, BCPC Asset Recovery Branch
- donation to other BC Colleges and publicly funded institutions
- scrap disposal in accordance with all Federal and Provincial regulations
Surplus and obsolete materials, goods and equipment will not be sold to UFV employees, their spouses, family members, agents or agencies in which they have a personal interest, however staff may bid for items on the BC Auction Site www.pss.gov.bc.ca/air