Required Criminal Record Check Information and Directions
A record check completed through the Ministry of Justice is required by the University of the Fraser Valley before a student can be placed with an agency to complete a practicum. Students cannot begin their practicum placement until the School of Social Work and Human Services has received a clearance letter from the Ministry of Justice. Students are responsible for completing the online application and for the $28 processing fee.
For more information about the Ministry of Justice and the Criminal Records Review Program please visit their website at http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/criminal-records-review/
Completing the Criminal Record Check
The School of Social Work and Human Services is registered for the online applicant based criminal record check service offered though the Ministry of Justice. Each student is responsible for completing the online application and for providing the $28 payment. Below you will find a link to the online application and an access code to gain entry and to identify yourself as a UFV student.
Online Link: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
Access Code: The Field Education Assistant will provide this information to all School of Social Work and Human Services students. If you need the access code and have not received it please contact the Field Education Assistant at 604-504 -7441 local 4104.
Once the Ministry of Justice link is open scroll to the bottom of the page
1. Enter the access code in the box provided
2. Enter the characters shown in the on screen image
3. Select Request a “New Criminal Record Check”
4. Follow the on screen prompts
- You will be asked to confirm that the displayed organization information is correct. University of the Fraser Valley - Social Work and Human Services should be listed.
- You will be asked for your consent.
- You will complete the criminal record check application.
- You will complete the identity verification process.
- You will complete the credit card payment page the fee is $28.
Your criminal record check clearance letter will be sent to the Field Education Assistant.
A municipal police detachment or RCMP record cannot be accepted by the School of Social Work and Human Services. Record checks completed through these agencies do not meet the requirements set out by the B.C. Government's Criminal Records Review Program.
A record check completed through the Ministry of Justice is required by the university before you can be placed with an agency. You cannot begin your practicum until we have a received a clearance letter from the Ministry of Justice.
Please direct questions concerning criminal record checks to the Field Education Assistant Christina O’Brien.
Phone: 604-504-7441 local 4104