Consent to a Criminal Record CheckRequired Criminal Record Check Information
The University of the Fraser Valley is in accordance with the B.C. Government's Criminal Record Review Act and requires all School of Social Work and Human Services students to complete a criminal record check through the Ministry of Justice.
For clarification and more details about who must complete this criminal record check and why please visit the Ministry of Public Justice website.
Who Must Have a Criminal Record Check under the Criminal Records Review Act
- In order to proceed with field placement the University of the Fraser Valley requires all School of Social Work and Human Services students to undergo a criminal record check processed through the provincial government’s Criminal Records Review Act. This record check looks at relevant offences as identified in the Criminal Records Review Act and is mandatory for students completing a practicum involving children and/or vulnerable adults
- A municipal police or RCMP detachment record check will not accepted by the School of Social Work and Human Services.
- It is the responsibility of the student to complete the paperwork, submit the forms, and provide payment to the Ministry of Justice.
- Submission of the consent form and application for a criminal record check is mandatory for all students and failure to provide the criminal record check will result in a delay to the field planning process and to your placement.
- Please remember to provide a copy of the Consent form to Christina O'Brien Field Education Assistant .
- If a criminal record exists, the student and the Field Education Assistant are notified by the Ministry. Students may not be eligible to continue with the placement process.
Consent to a Criminal Record Check Form
To make completing the consent form easier portions have been filled in for you.
Link to the form Consent to a Criminal Record Check Updated June,2011 pdf
You are a Schedule Type B and will be working with children and vulnerable adults.
Part 1 – Applicant Information is to be completed by you
Part 2 - Organization Information has been completed for you
Part 3 does not apply to you
Consent for Release of Information and Acknowledgements – you must complete this section.
Provide the Field Education Office with a copy of the completed consent to a criminal record check form to retain in your file.
Payment Options The Fee is $20.00
There are 3 payment options:
1. Complete the Application for Pre-Authorized CREDIT CARD USAGE and mail or fax this form along with the Consent to a Criminal Record Check. Link to the credit card usage form Criminal Record Check Payment Form pdf
2. Certified Check - Made payable to the Minister of Finance – This is not the same as a personal check
3. Money Order- Made payable to the Minister of Finance
PLEASE NOTE: Personal Checks ARE NOT ACCEPTED – Please don’t send personal checks. Your record check will not be processed and you will have to resubmit the paperwork with an accepted form of payment.
The Ministry of Justice P.O. Box 9217 STN PROV GOVT Victoria, B.C. V8W 9J1
(250) 356-1889 Only if you are using the Credit Card form
For more information about the Criminal Record Review Program please visit their website:
Ministry of Justice
Download the Forms
Consent to a Criminal Record Check pdf
Criminal Record Check Payment Form pdf
Directions for completing the forms pdf