For web-based courses:
- You need a Windows-based (9x/ME or NT/2000/XP) and a minimum 56.6k or faster modem.
- Mac computers are not supported by UFV Online, so technical assistance will be limited
- You also need a internet connection with an Internet Service Provider.
- You also require either Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5(sp2) to 8 or Mozilla Firefox 2. Mozilla Firefox is not a recommended internet browser, but many using Blackboard use Mozilla Firefox with no problems.
- It is recommended for word processing to use one of the two popular software packages, Microsoft Word or a word processing package that can convert your documents to Rich Text Format (.rtf).
- Many documents in online courses are PowerPoint slides or Adobe documents (.pdf), so downloading the free Adobe Reader is recommended.
- Click here to make sure your internet browser is conforming to BlackBoard standards.
Supported Browsers, Plugins & Operating Systems
Hours of Operation
Mon-Thur : 8am - 8pm
Fri : 8am - 4:30pm