UUP English Assessment: Reading Comprehension
- The ENGLISH assessment starts with a reading test of 20 multiple choice questions.
- The reading test is not timed, so read each question carefully before you answer it.
- The questions given to you by the computer are selected on the basis of your answers to all previous questions, so everyone taking the test will do a different set of questions.
- You cannot skip a question and answer it later, and you cannot go backwards on a test to change an answer.
UUP English Assessment: Writing Sample
- After the reading test, you will be asked to prepare a writing sample of about 300-600 words on a topic the computer gives you.
- Read the assignment carefully before you begin to write, then use the 1 hour available to plan, write, review, and edit what you have written.
- Your score will NOT be based on your opinions, but on your ability to express, organize, and support those opinions and ideas.