Steps to becoming a UUP Student


Apply for admission

In order to take UUP Adult Basic Education (ABE) courses, you must complete a UFV application form. Apply online or submit a UFV application form in person at the Office of the Registrar on any UFV campus. There is no application fee, and you may apply anytime. If you need help with the application process, fill out our Book a UUP appointment form.


Book a UUP appointment

Whether you want to complete high school, upgrade courses, or take the Workplace TASK program for students with disabilities, UUP staff can help you figure out which classes to take. Appointments are available at the Abbotsford, Chilliwack, and Hope campuses. It’s simple! Just fill out our Book a UUP appointment form, and we will contact you to confirm an appointment time. If you have your high school transcript, please bring it to your appointment.


Take an assessment

UUP students may need to take an assessment to measure reading, writing, and math skills. Completing the assessment helps place you at a course level that's comfortable and meets your skill level. A UUP instructional assistant can review your high school transcript and let you know if you need to take an assessment.


Register for classes

You may register for classes through your myUFV account once your application has been processed and you've been assigned a registration date. If you have problems choosing classes or with the registration process, contact OReg or email Here is the current timetable for Adult Basic Education courses.

When I couldn't help my son with his geometry homework, I knew it was time to go back to school. I contacted UUP, graduated a year later, and decided to embark on a nursing career.

Read more

I dropped out of high school at 16, and returning to school seemed daunting. Upgrading at UFV gave me the confidence to succeed.

Read more


Twitter Facebook Linkedin Flikr UFV on Google+ YouTube goUFV