Qualifying Studies (QS) is an admission category designed to help students meet their academic goals. The Qualifying Studies category, in conjunction with mandatory advising and other support services, help students develop a clearly-articulated route to their academic goal. Qualifying Studies students can apply to a UFV program once they meet entrance requirements. For a complete list of programs, click here. For program application information, click here.
Qualifying Studies is for students who...
- don't yet meet specific program entrance requirements
- have missed a university program admission deadline
- are not ready to enter a program, but want to take a few courses to get started
- want to explore their interests before applying to a certificate, diploma, or degree program, or
- need additional coursework for their professional development
Qualifying Studies students are required to...
- meet with an Academic Advisor prior to completing 30 credits to develop an education plan that identifies developmental-level and university-level courses required to meet their goals, and
- be accepted into a certificate, diploma, or degree program by the time they have completed 30 university-level credits (i.e., courses numbered 100 and above)
*Please note developmental‑level credits (i.e., credits earned for courses numbered below 100) do not contribute to the 30‑credit limit.
For more information on Qualifying Studies, please read the Qualifying Studies Regulations.
Questions? Contact the Advising Centre:
The UFV Advising Centre offers in-person appointments and drop-in advising. If you have questions, contact the Advising Centre or book an appointment here.
The International Department offers in-person appointments and drop-in advising for international students. If you have questions, email email@example.com.