Qualifying Studies (QS) is designed to help students prepare for their chosen post-secondary program. With the help of mandatory academic advising and other university support services, QS students develop clearly-articulated academic goals.
Qualifying Studies is for students who:
- don't yet meet specific program entrance requirements
- have missed a university program admission deadline
- are not ready to enter a program, but want to take a few courses to get started
- want to explore their interests before applying to a certificate, diploma, or degree program, or
- need additional coursework for their professional development
Qualifying Studies students are required to:
- Develop an educational plan with the help of an academic advisor before completion of 18 university level credits, and
- Be accepted into a program (certificate, diploma, or degree) prior to or upon completion of the 30 university‑level credit limit.
Please note developmental‑level credits (i.e., credits earned for courses numbered below 100) do not contribute to the 30‑credit limit.
UFV's academic advisors can help you understand the difference between a program and Qualifying Studies. They can also explain what you need to do to be accepted into a UFV program as soon as possible.
The UFV Advising Centre offers in-person appointments and drop-in advising. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Department also offers in-person appointments and drop-in advising. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Students in Qualifying Studies can apply to a UFV program once they meet the entrance requirements.
Here is a complete list of all UFV programs as well as Program Application Information.