View course challenge based PLAR submission process
Program-based PLAR submission process
- Complete the ADED 305 course (Portfolio Development for Prior Learning Assessment Recognition)
- Select an e-portfolio submission date
- Get registration and payment information on your submission date
- Wait for your advisor to contact you with your results
- Results are entered into your student record
There are two submission dates — April or May. The April submission date is reserved for assessment of portfolios from program students who require PLAR credits in order to graduate that spring.
In extenuating circumstances, you are permitted to defer your PLAR portfolio submission for one calendar year. If an additional deferral date beyond one year is requested, you must audit ADED 305 to restart the process, and submit your portfolio at one of the assessment dates following your completion of the audited ADED 305 course.
What is the cost of Program-based PLAR?
The cost is 75% of 9 credits (approximately $1300) whether students earn 12 or 54 credits.
Course challenge based PLAR submission process
- Review current course outlines to determine if you can provide evidence of your knowledge of the learning outcomes. View course outlines.
- If you are confident you can provide evidence for 80% of the learning outcomes, you can contact the faculty member who is teaching the course being challenged or the program advisor.
- Get registration and payment information on the submission date.
- Wait for your assessor to contact you with your results.
- Credits are assigned to your student records.
Note that the type of credits assigned to challenges is CR/NCR. If a student is not successful with a challenge, they must register for any required course and pay full tuition fees.
What is the cost of a course challenge?
The cost is 75% or the regular course tuition fee which is approximately $330.