The RBC Arts Peer Mentor Program
Become a mentee
Adjusting to university can be an overwhelming experience and our mentoring program aims to help by providing continuous, one-on-one peer support to new and continuing Arts students who sign up as peer mentees. Having a mentor is like having your own personal guide to help you navigate all the new experiences that come with being a UFV student!
Benefits of being a Mentee:
- Learn about, find, & utilize campus resources
- Meet new people & get more involved on campus
- Receive support & guidance towards the achievement of success (& determine what success means to you!)
- Develop stronger, more effective time management & study techniques
- Learn how to set realistic personal & educational goals
- Get a tour of campus and find your classrooms before classes start
- And much more...
By actively participating in this program, mentees have a chance of being nominated by their mentor for a tuition credit to be used towards their next semester’s tuition!
Social & Informative Workshops
Mentees are invited to attend mentor-run workshops specifically for them throughout the semester on things like preparing for registration, surviving group work, and maintaining balance in your life. These are great opportunities to meet other students and learn something new!
Minimal time commitment
Mentees only need to commit to meeting with their mentor twice a month (that’s about an hour a month total!)
Sign up today!