The RBC Arts Peer Mentor Program
Become a mentor
Mentors share their experiences and offer individualized support to their mentees to assist in the development of strategies and skills that support a successful university experience.
Benefits of being a Peer Mentor:
- Provides the opportunity to develop and improve upon leadership and organizational skills
- Motivating experience; supports success towards your own goals
- Strengthen your own study and time management skills
- Paid work experience in a professional role
- Network within and outside of academic program
- Make new friends and get (more) involved at UFV
- Rewarding experience; satisfaction of knowing you have helped someone
New mentors are hired each Spring. Here is a brief overview of what we are looking for:
- Leadership ability
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A desire to help others achieve their goals
- Comfortable working one on one with others
- Work well independently and as part of team with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time and responsibilities effectively
- Creative problem solvers
NOTE: With some exception, successful applicants will be College of Arts students attending UFV full time (min. 9 credits) in both Fall and Winter semesters, and have (or will have by August) completed 75 credits with a minimum 2.67 CGPA.
To submit an application, please complete the form below or contact us via email at: email@example.com.
NOTE: The mentor roster for the Fall 2016 and Winter 2017 semesters has now been filled. New applicants would be applying for Fall 2017.
2015/16 RBC Arts Peer Mentors