Back to Job postings
||Assistant, Program Development & Quality Assurance
||Office of the Vice Provost and Associate Vice-President, Academic
||Staff, 100% full-time, Permanent
||As soon as possible after closing date
||$3,708.70 - $4,438.10 per month (Staff pay group 7)
||January 24, 2017
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
The Program Development & Quality Assurance Assistant assists the Program Development and Quality Assurance Coordinator(s) to support program developers, improve academic quality assurance mechanisms, and promote innovative curricular design. As a member of the Office of the Vice Provost, the Program Development Assistant is expected to maintain a high level of professionalism. Exercising initiative and sound judgement, the duties of the incumbent will include:
- Meeting preparation including the recording and distribution of minutes of meetings as well as completing appropriate follow-up such as circulation of reports and other documents
- Compilation of information for academic program development including research into labour market data and comparable programming
- Assisting with the development of student surveys including the use of Regard or other survey software
- Compilation of draft and final new program proposals and supporting material (often very large documents)
- Coordination and submission of program proposals to the appropriate committees according to UFV procedures and timelines
- Acting as a key point of contact for new program proposals between the program developers, Deans’ offices, department heads and department assistants, Senate and Senate committees; and provides information or refers as appropriate
- Coordination of special events such as site visits for proposed new programs or institution-wide workshops which will require attention to a variety of organizational and logistical details
- Coordination of the records management activities for the office and maintenance of the departmental web site
- Assisting other members of the Office of the Vice Provost as needed
Working at multiple UFV campuses and occasional evening work is required.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution (relevant fields include Business, Communications, English or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a post-secondary or similarly complex organizational environment, preferably at the senior assistant level
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Outlook) required
- Well-developed computer-based research and editing skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge in web design is required; MyWeb preferred
- Good working knowledge of current office practices and procedures is required
- Familiarity with retrieving information from Banner is an asset
- A clear understanding of boundaries in the workplace is required
- Event planning experience is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure, manage competing priorities, and be highly resourceful and organized
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to work collaboratively, exhibiting respect for all colleagues
- Knowledge of UFV internal governance structure and processes, and of the BC post-secondary system preferred
How to apply
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications by January 24, 2017, referring to Posting #2017.04 to
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes to: email@example.com
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings