Back to Job postings
||Faculty of Health Sciences
||Faculty; Temporary (sessional)
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers several nursing program options which present several exciting new teaching opportunities. The Faculty of Health Sciences offers quality educational programming with highly sought after graduates. In addition, the relocation of the health sciences programming to a new and technologically advanced campus on the Canada Education Park supports innovation in teaching and the very latest in simulation learning.
The Faculty of Health Sciences requires temporary/sessional faculty to teach in the following program areas:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing program: The BSN program requires part-time/sessional faculty for clinical instruction in gerontological nursing, medical-surgical, home health, psychiatry, and maternity. Successful candidates will hold a Baccalaureate degree in nursing with Masters preferred, and a strong related clinical practice foundation. A part time classroom and clinical contract is also available in Semester one of the program.
- Practical Nursing Program: The PN program requires part-time/sessional faculty for clinical instruction in gerontological, medical and surgical practice settings. Successful candidates will hold a Baccalaureate degree in nursing and a strong related clinical practice foundation. Candidates with a diploma in nursing with extensive related clinical practice experience will be considered.
- Health Care Assistant program: The HCA program requires part-time/sessional faculty for instruction in gerontological practice settings. Successful candidates will hold a Baccalaureate degree in nursing and a strong related clinical practice foundation. Candidates with a diploma in nursing with extensive related clinical practice experience will be considered.
How to apply
Direct resumes including evidence of appropriate qualifications, referring to Posting #2017.024 to:
Email application to:
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Phone: (604) 854-4554
Fax: (604) 854-1538
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings