Back to Job postings
||Manager, Global Engagement
||Staff, 100% full-time, Permanent
||As soon as possible after closing date
||$5,015.11 - $5,865.06 per month (Staff pay group 11)
||July 27, 2017
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
As a member of the UFV International leadership team, the Manager, Global Engagement holds a key role in the development and management of a number of important internationalization initiatives within UFV International and the wider university community. The Manager oversees all UFV Abroad initiatives – student exchange programming, study tours, and other short-term programming. In addition, the Manager works to develop initiatives to meet the internationalization goals of the institution. The Manager, Global Engagement’s key responsibilities include:
International Mobility Experiences: Promotion, Risk Mitigation, and Policy Development
- Leads and oversees the management of in/outbound international mobility experiences aimed at UFV students and UFV’s partner institutions’ students
- Assists with identifying gaps in current UFV Abroad initiatives and works to develop initiatives to meet the internationalization goals of the institution
- Keeps abreast of best practices in the promotion and evaluation of study abroad experiences
- Acts as the institutional coordinator/lead on International SOS, UFV’s travel registry
- Works with senior UFV decision-makers to aid in the development of policies and procedures related to participation in international mobility experiences as well as effective pre-departure orientation programming
Contract Training/Revenue Generation
- Provides direction for and management of international customized training programs
- Leads in the contract negotiation process and provides recommendations to the Director and/or Executive Director for approval
- With the Coordinator, Study Tours & Contract Training, conducts needs assessments and identifies opportunities for potential programming
- With the assistance of internal and external expertise, aids in the delivery of programs and initiatives aimed at internationalization at UFV
- Creates and implements innovative global engagement programming to reach students and program areas with lower numbers of international students and/or lower participation in international mobility experiences
- Works with academic areas and the Teaching & Learning Centre to promote internationalization of the curriculum at UFV
- Works with the Study Abroad Coordinator to track and prepare reports related to international exchange balance/imbalance
- Aids in the development of strategic partnerships that align with UFV’s internationalization goals; recommends to the Director and/or Executive Director for approval
- Implements a system to review and assess currency and relevance of international partnerships
- Researches and keeps abreast of emerging trends in international mobility, contract training, and post-secondary internationalization
- Develops innovative strategies for promoting global engagement initiatives at UFV
- Maintains annual budgetary and promotional plans in consultation with the Director and/or Executive Director
- As a member of various committees and subcommittees, aids in the development of strategies and tactics aimed at achieving UFV’s Internationalization Goals
- A degree in Adult Education, Education, Business Administration, Global Development Studies, or a suitable related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; completed professional development courses in curriculum design and contract training, or other training–related topics
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
The successful candidate will have proven and recent success in:
- Working in the international education field, minimum of five (5) years at the post-secondary level
- Developing innovative strategies for the promotion of international mobility programming
- Policy development in International travel/risk management
- Program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation
- Working in a teaching or training role
- Managing relationships and working cooperatively with other internal units and external partners, both domestically and internationally
- Recruiting, managing, and evaluating contract workers
- Writing and reviewing contracts for service agreements
- Writing proposals and reports for both internal and external funding bodies
- Leading entrepreneurial and revenue-generating activities
- Leading marketing and external communication strategies
- Developing systems and strategies to support goals (self and team)
- Monitoring budgets and making budget-related decisions
- Thorough knowledge of the university environment, including key personnel in the various departmental areas as well as in-depth knowledge of UFV’s expertise in Teaching & Learning.
- Superior technology skills including the advanced use of MS Office Suite, Learning Management Systems, Video-conferencing tools, Social Media platforms, Financial and Asset Management software, and Student Information
How to apply
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications by July 27, 2017, referring to Posting #2017.124 to:
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes to: email@example.com
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings