Back to Job postings
||Clerk, Assessment Services
||Staff, 100% full-time, Permanent
||As soon as possible after closing date
||$2,961.19 - $3,543 per month (Staff pay group 3)
||July 28, 2017
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
Reporting to the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Access and Continuing Education, the Assessment Clerk’s primary role is to invigilate internal and external exams administered by Assessment Services. In addition, the Clerk will provide support for the services offered by Assessment Services, as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ÿ Invigilate exams
Ÿ Help update, order, and assemble placement tests, handouts, and other materials
Ÿ Help process UFV placement test results (e.g., run class lists, upload test scores into Banner, and mail out student test results)
Ÿ Record invigilation appointments and other relevant information in the Assessment Services examination calendar and databases
Ÿ Assist with website and office manual updates
Ÿ Reconcile POS and cash weekly in the absence of the Assessment Assistant
- Ÿ Operate in a diligent manner to promote honesty, integrity, and fairness in all procedures
- Ÿ Work with other UFV departments, as needed
- Ÿ Protect the integrity of all tests by following appropriate exam handling and storage procedures and by ensuring vigilant invigilation
- Ÿ Protect the confidentiality and rights of privacy of examinees, staff, and faculty
- Ÿ Adhere to the test administration requirements specified by internal and external clients
- Ÿ Adhere to UFV’s requirements and policies in the administration of classroom exams and other assessments
- Ÿ Treat examinees in a fair, courteous, professional, and non-discriminatory manner
- Ÿ Respond to examinee concerns with respect while maintaining the integrity of the administration
Ÿ Following best practice, schedule, administer, and invigilate internal and external assessments to ensure test materials are accurately and appropriately documented, prepared, secured, and returned
Ÿ Provide front-desk reception for Assessment Services, as required
Ÿ Provide information about UFV’s internal and external invigilation services by responding to phone, email, and in-person inquiries
Ÿ Work includes some evening and weekend shifts at the Abbotsford, Chilliwack, and Mission campuses
Ÿ Completion of a recognized certificate in office administration from a recognized post-secondary institution
Ÿ Minimum one (1) year relevant experience in a post-secondary environment
Ÿ Experience applying exam procedures and protocols
Ÿ Well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills
Ÿ Well-developed written and oral communication skills
Ÿ Demonstrated ability to use the advanced features of Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook)
Ÿ Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Ÿ Proven ability to use good judgement, solve problems, and remain calm under pressure in a demanding workplace environment
Ÿ Proven ability to work appropriately with confidential information
Ÿ Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
Ÿ Knowledge of and experience working with Banner
Ÿ Proven ability to edit and maintain websites
How to apply
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications by July 28, 2017, referring to Posting #2017.125 to
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings