Back to Job postings
||Developer, Business Intelligence
||Institutional Research & Integrated Planning
||Staff, 100% full-time, Permanent
||As soon as possible after closing date
||$4,762.77 - $5,598.81 per month (Staff pay group 10)
||September 29, 2017
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
The Department of Institutional Research and Integrated Planning at the University of the Fraser Valley invites applications for a Business Intelligence Developer.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Associate VP Institutional Research and Integrated Planning, the Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for creating the Data Warehouse and implementing the Business Intelligence tool. Through interaction with the university, this position leads the development of the BI project. This entails data modelling, configuring reporting applications and portals, developing new dashboards, and training staff end-users, setting up short term and long term goals for BI implementation. The Developer also assists on other projects including their design, data collection, and creation.
- Applying standard data definitions, transformations and business rules to create Data Marts and Data Warehouse
- Leveraging the BI tool to automate manual reporting processes
- Managing and administering Business Intelligence and ETL Servers and Client software
- Designing and developing consistent, scalable data reports and reporting applications
- Designing and developing reporting templates and dashboards using the BI tool
- Ensuring data accuracy using data extraction tools; working with users to verify and clean data
- Performing regular and ad-hoc reporting for management, faculty and external bodies
- Designing and creating reports and present findings
- Training colleagues to utilize Business Intelligence software for data warehousing, data extraction and testing, and dashboards
- Leading end user training for reporting applications and dashboards; promoting the use of BI dashboards
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- Minimum three (3) years’ of related experience. This experience should include: business analysis, Data Warehousing, the implementation of Business Intelligence tools and analytical applications, and the training of clients to use these systems
- Experience in detailing the functionality of these systems to management
- Leadership experience for a BI project would be an asset
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in data and database development, in SQL Server, Oracle and Access
- Expertise with BI software, preferably in WebFocus BI Suite
- Understanding of the post-secondary education sector
- Strong research, numeracy and writing skills
How to apply
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications by September 29, 2017, referring to Posting #2017.140 to
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings