Back to Job postings
||Department Assistant, Visual Arts & Graphic and Digital Design
||Visual Arts & Graphic and Digital Design, College of Arts
||Staff, 100% full-time, Temporary
||As soon as possible after closing date - May 30, 2018
||As soon as possible after closing date
||May 30, 2018
||$3,543.79 - $4,277.08 per month (Staff pay group 6)
||January 9, 2018
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
UFV’s Visual Arts and Graphic & Digital Design department seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and motivated person with strong writing and communication skills, marketing knowledge, and digital skills (social media, project management, and content management tools). Preference will be given to individuals with a background or strong interest in the creative arts. We can offer you a collaborative and engaging environment that fosters opportunities for growth and innovation and a chance to work with a dynamic team!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative/clerical support for all department activities and programs, including curriculum development and revision, timetable preparation, admissions and registration, contract preparation, and record keeping
- Develop and maintain files, records, reports, including budgeting/workload reconciliation
- Assist department head in timetable development
- Monitor wait lists, assist with pre-requisite screening
- Organize meetings (scheduling, space bookings, equipment bookings, etc.)
- Prepare agendas, minutes and other necessary materials for department committees
- Maintain department and program websites and social media platforms
- Provide general information on programs and courses to students, other UFV departments, and outside agencies
- Assist with program orientation and student recruitment
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to promote department activities
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, through electronic, social, and print media
- Completion of a certificate in office administration from a recognized post-secondary institution; or completion of 30 credits from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience, preferably in post-secondary environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of complex schedules and reports, with demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven experience in publicity and marketing for arts events, especially using social media
- Experience in editing and maintaining websites and social media accounts, in a professional capacity preferred
- Experience in organizing meetings and events preferred
- Work effectively in a team environment
- High level of organization, initiative, and resourcefulness
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Knowledge of Adobe CC an asset
- Knowledge and experience with Banner preferred
- Knowledge of UFV and BC post-secondary system an asset
How to apply
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications by January 9 2018, referring to Posting #2017.211 to
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings