Back to Job postings
||Web Support Specialist
||Staff, 100% full-time, Temporary
||As soon as possible after closing date - September 2018
||As soon as possible after closing date
||$3,593.40 - $4,336.96 per month (Staff pay group 6)
||February 26, 2018
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
The Web Support Specialist provides user support to web editors throughout campus, assists with content updates and improvements to ufv.ca, and revises and builds web pages as part of the ufv.ca redesign.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Website editor support. Respond to requests from web editors from throughout campus for support in using UFV’s content management system (Terminal4). This involves both training users and providing hands-on support for issues that cannot be resolved by web editors.
- Content support and maintenance. Revise or delete outdated content, replace or delete outdated images and other graphics, and fix broken links. These tasks will require communication with areas throughout campus to ensure they are aware of changes to the site and that their area information is correct.
- Website redesign assistance. Under the direction of a Marketing Strategist, contribute to the redesign of ufv.ca through a variety of tasks including: content revision and creation, using UFV’s content management system (Terminal4) to edit and create web pages, and preparing images and other graphics for web.
Diploma or equivalent experience
- Three (3) years’ related experience, including content creation and the regular use of a content management system. Experience successfully using Terminal4 an asset
- Strong understanding of web design principles and current trends in web design
- Competent in Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience using HTML to build webpages within a CMS
- Experience writing clear, concise copy
- Experience in post-secondary environment an asset
How to apply
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications by February 26, 2018, referring to Posting #2018.14 to:
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings