Job postings

Faculty opening

Back to Job postings

Posting number 2018.041
Position Instructor, Adult Education
Group Faculty
Department Adult Education, Faculty of Professional Studeis
Contract type Faculty; Temporary (Limited Term)
Contract timeline One year term
Start date August 1, 2018
End date July 31, 2019
Closing date April 15, 2018

About UFV

The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation, and continuing education UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.

Posting details

Located within the Faculty of Professional Studies, the department of Adult Education is looking for an adult educator with experience in the field of adult education and in teaching adult educators in a post-secondary environment. The Limited Term faculty appointment is for one year, and it requires that the successful candidate teach seven classes with one equivalent course load for service. Our classes are all hybrid with approximately 75% of the classes online and the remaining 25% offered through virtual videoconferencing technologies. The instructor must be able to come onsite at the Abbotsford (King Road) campus for these classes and for meetings.

Duties of Limited Term faculty fall within Article 18.2 (Teaching Faculty Duties) of the Collective Agreement, specifically the Teaching and Service components.


The successful candidate will have a completed doctorate or ABD status, evidence of successful teaching in the field and in teacher/facilitator development, with a strong history of service, preferably including service in a post-secondary context, as well as research focused on the scholarship of teaching and learning.  We are looking for an individual who is committed to collaborative decision-making and team-work, and preferably with some experience or demonstrable commitment to TESL and/ or mindfulness-based teaching and learning, two developing programs in the department.

How to apply

Interested applicants should send their application materials including a CV, cover letter, evidence of effective teaching, and the names and contact information for three references.

Direct application materials by April 15, 2018, referring to Posting #2018.041 to:  


Email application to:

Human Resources
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Phone: (604) 854-4554
Fax: (604) 854-1538

Find out how to prepare your application

Please note:

  • We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
  • Incomplete applications will not be processed.
  • In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
  • Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
  • Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.

Back to Job postings

Information for:


Contact Us