Back to Job postings
||Information Technology Services
||Two (2) Staff, 100% full-time, Temporary
||As soon as possible
||1 year contract
||April 12, 2019
||$5,463.75 - $6,355.60 per month (Staff pay group 12)
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is nationally recognized for its emphasis on teaching excellence, experiential and applied education, community engagement, and Indigenization. UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students. With six campuses and centres, UFV offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts, sciences, and professional studies, as well as trades and technology education, university preparation, and continuing education.
At UFV, we are dedicated to changing lives and building community. Our educational goals are to prioritize learning everywhere; be flexible and responsive; collaborate across boundaries; develop local and global citizenship; and integrate experiential learning. A British Columbia “Top Employer”, we are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and dynamic learning and working environment that is fair and respectful of everyone. Our culturally diverse employee and student populations reflect the local, national, international and Indigenous communities we serve. If you see yourself as a lifelong member of a community that values and nurtures innovation and creativity, cultivates leadership and citizenship, and where success builds on success, you belong at UFV.
The Project Manager provides project management and support services for various technology and business transformation projects at the university. Working with cross functional project teams, including both technical and business stakeholders, the PM is responsible for the coordination, documentation, planning, communication, assessment, and ongoing review of technology and business transformation projects.
The PM will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project, including the initiation, planning, and execution phases; coordinating project tasks, stakeholders, and budget, while following project management principles and best practices.
Provide Project Management Support
- Provide project management expertise and best practices in support of the successful completion of the project.
- Assist in the development of a project steering committee and project teams as required.
- Work with project stakeholders to develop a scope of work for projects.
- Identify resources required and assign individual responsibilities within the scope of the project.
- Coordinate tasks with the project team, ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- Communicate with project stakeholders, team members, and leadership to ensure project tasks are completed on time and with minimal risk.
- Identify and document project risks, work with stakeholders to develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Document all project efforts using standard project management principles, e.g. Project Charter, Project Plan, Work Breakdown Structure, Communication Plan, Change Management, Project Budget, etc.
- Develop cost benefit analyses to support strategic directions.
- Manage project financials and identify possible areas of concern.
- Report to the project steering committee, and/or university leadership as appropriate on progress and issues arising.
Participate In and Support Project Committees
- Provide support for project committees including set-up of meeting dates and sites, draft agenda for approval by Chair, follow-up on action items, prepare documents for meeting including management of document resource site.
- Monitor progress on action items between meetings and follow-up as appropriate to ensure delegated task is being completed.
- Provide verbal and written reports, including presentations, to project committees as required to inform decision making.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline required. In addition, a project management certification (e.g. PMP or similar) or equivalent courses required.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience including at least 3-4 years of experience managing projects, ideally with exposure to technology implementations, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- General knowledge of project management principles and methodology.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in education, particularly with respect to post-secondary teaching and educational technology.
- Experience with project templates, word processing programs, and spreadsheets.
- Experience working in the post-secondary, or education sector.
- Experience coordinating and overseeing the work of multiple and diverse stakeholders on projects to ensure goals are met.
- Leadership competencies in change management, strategic planning, project management, innovation and vision, networking, and teamwork and cooperation.
How to apply
The Selection Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications on April 12, 2019; however, the positions will remain open until filled.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications referring to Posting #2019.67 to:
Email application to:
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Phone: (604) 854-4554
Fax: (604) 854-1538
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings