Back to Job postings
||Assistant, Program Development & Quality Assurance
||Office of the Vice Provost & Associate Vice-President, Academic
||Staff, 100% full-time, Permanent
||As soon as possible after closing date
||$3,916.97 - $4,687.33 per month (Staff pay group 7)
||July 3, 2019
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is nationally recognized for its emphasis on teaching excellence, experiential and applied education, community engagement, and Indigenization. UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students. With six campuses and centres, UFV offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts, sciences, and professional studies, as well as trades and technology education, university preparation, and continuing education.
At UFV, we are dedicated to changing lives and building community. Our educational goals are to prioritize learning everywhere; be flexible and responsive; collaborate across boundaries; develop local and global citizenship; and integrate experiential learning. A British Columbia “Top Employer”, we are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and dynamic learning and working environment that is fair and respectful of everyone. Our culturally diverse employee and student populations reflect the local, national, international and Indigenous communities we serve. If you see yourself as a lifelong member of a community that values and nurtures innovation and creativity, cultivates leadership and citizenship, and where success builds on success, you belong at UFV.
The Program Development Assistant assists the Associate Director, Program Development and Quality Assurance to support program developers, improve academic quality assurance mechanisms, and promote innovative curricular design. As a member of the Office of the Vice Provost, the Program Development Assistant is expected to maintain a high level of professionalism. Exercising initiative and sound judgement, the duties of the incumbent will include:
- Meeting preparation including the recording and distribution of minutes as well as completing appropriate follow-up such as circulation of reports and other documents
- Compiling information for academic program development including research into labour market data and comparable programming
- Assisting with the development of student surveys including the use of Regard or other survey software;
- Compiling draft and final program proposals and supporting material (often very large documents)
- Coordinating and submitting of program proposals to the appropriate committees according to UFV procedures and timelines
- Acting as a key point of contact for new program proposals between the program developers, Deans’ offices, department heads and department assistants, Senate and Senate committees; and providing information or referrals as appropriate
- Coordinating special events such as site visits for proposed new programs or institution-wide workshops which will require attention to a variety of organizational and logistical details
- Coordinating the records management activities for the office and maintenance of the departmental web site; and
- Assisting other members of the Office of the Vice Provost as needed
Working at multiple UFV campuses and occasional evening work is required.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution (relevant fields include Business, Communications, English or equivalent)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a post-secondary or similarly complex organizational environment, preferably at the senior assistant level
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Outlook) required
- Well-developed computer-based research and editing skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge in web design is required; MyWeb preferred
- Good working knowledge of current office practices and procedures is required
- A clear understanding of boundaries in the workplace is required
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure, manage competing priorities, and be highly resourceful and organized
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and to work collaboratively, exhibiting respect for all colleagues
- Event planning experience is an asset
- Knowledge of UFV internal governance structure and processes, and of the BC post-secondary system preferred
How to apply
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications by July 3, 2019, referring to Posting #2019.154 to:
Find out how to prepare your application
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes to: email@example.com
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings